Vaginal Steams: Forgotten Ancient Wisdom for Women’s Healing
Gweneth Paltrow states that "it is an energetic release — not just a steam douche — that balances female hormone levels," she adds. "If you’re in L.A., you have to do it." No need to jet off to L.A. any longer to get treatment that many celebrities have been using for years.
We are offering a new treatment option called the V-Steam in our Alexandria office. Our treatment options include:
What is a V-Steam?
The V-steam is a modernized version of a centuries old Korean tradition called chai yok. It may also be referred to as yoni steams or bajos in South or Central American cultures. During the treatment, you sit over a mixture of steaming herbs wearing a robe to trap in the steam while the steam delivers the herbal medicine straight to the source.
What does V-Steam do?
These treatments are traditionally used for gynecological problems, fertility and digestive disorders. Men can also benefit from steams mainly for prostate health or hemorrhoids. Depending on the herbs used, the V-Steam is used to treat the following conditions:
- Regulate menstrual cycles
- Decrease menstrual flow
- Increase fertility
- Speed healing after giving birth
- Treat uterine fibroids or ovarian cysts
- Assist with the healing of hemorrhoids
- Treat chronic vaginal infections
- Reduce symptoms of PMS including cramps and bloating
- Relieve symptoms of menopause
- Benefit the prostate
- Promote healthy digestion
- Assist with weight loss
and much more!
How Does the v-steam Work?
The tissues of the vagina, and the anus, are especially porous and absorbent, and the warmth of the steam works to soften and open them. When the herbs are placed in hot water, their medicinal properties, including volatile oils, are released and carried to the surface of your skin and to the inside of the vagina where they are absorbed into the bloodstream, and ultimately into the uterus.
More answers are just a click away to the below questions:
- Do not use if you are on your period, have a vaginal infection, have any open wounds, sores or blisters.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
- Do not use if you have an IUD.
- If you have genital piercings take them out prior to your steam.